Low Carb- Keto Hanukkah Recipes
By: Dr. Keith Kantor
Cauliflower Mashed “Potatoes”
Photo Credit * Eating Well
4 c cauliflower florets
2 Tbs. grass-fed butter
1 oz. half and half, or sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
1 pinch of salt
1 pinch of black pepper
1 Tbs. Chives
¼ c shredded cheese
Makes 4 servings
Steam cauliflowers till soft add to food processor and add other ingredients to flavor.
Photo Credit *Potluck at Oh My Veggies
1/2 c raw cauliflower
1 c. zucchini
1/2 tsp. garlic paste
2 tbsp. regular sour cream
3 tbsp. olive oil
4 tbsp. vanilla or plain protein powder
Makes 4 servings
- Shred raw zucchini then measure (raw).
- Chop cauliflower florets by hand or in food processor, then measure (raw).
- Steam cauliflower a bit to soften, either on the stove or in the microwave. Briefly mash with a potato masher
- After measured, place shredded zucchini on a plate and sprinkle a small amount of salt on top. Allow to sit for a few minutes, then blot it with a paper towel (this removes excess water from the zucchini so that the latke batter is not too watery).
- Mix vegetables, eggs, garlic paste, olive oil and protein powder in a bowl.
- Heat a pan with olive oil.
- Pour latke batter into pan, making four “pancakes”. Cook until brown on edges, then flip and brown on the other side. If it falls apart, reshape it as it cooks.
- Remove from heat and place on a plate to cool.
- To make the sour cream topping, mix the sour cream and mayonnaise together. Spoon the mixture onto the latkes.
Low Carb/Keto Brisket
Photo Credit *Taste of Home
- 4lb beef brisket (fattiest cut preferred)
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1tsp onion powder
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- 1tsp dried thyme
- 1tsp dried rosemary
- 4 tsp sea salt (or more, depending on preference for salt brisket before cooking)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2tbsp avocado or coconut oil Directions:
- Wash brisket, wipe dry and salt all over.
- Heat Dutch oven over medium-high heat, add oil, and brown brisket on both sides.
- In a small bowl, add all spices and mix together.
- Lower heat to medium-low and add in water and garlic. Sprinkle your spice medley over top the brisket. Rub your spice medley into the meat with a spoon, careful not burn yourself from any steam coming from the Dutch oven.
- Add the salsa on top of the meat and smooth to cover the surface
- Cover with a lid and cook on medium low for 4 hours. You can check it on it occasionally but just let it do its thing.
After 4 hours, remove from the pot, place on serving platter and enjo